Parking Lot Security
- Be alert to your surroundings and other people around you.
- Never display cash in a financial institution parking lot…if possible, not even a “bank bag.”
- When you conduct banking business during the hours of darkness, have someone accompany you.
- Park as near as possible to your destination, e.g., branch entrance, automatic teller machine or night depository.
- Establish your banking relationship with a financial institution that provides an obviously safe and secure environment, including parking lot. Look for the following characteristics:
- Well lighted parking lot and exterior
- Landscaping or other objects which do not provide “hiding places” for robbers
- Located on a well traveled street
- Unobstructed visibility in all directions