ATM Safety Tips
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Use ATMs in populated, well-lighted areas.
- Avoid going to an ATM alone if possible.
- Remove your ATM receipt from the machine and keep it in a safe place.
- Have your ATM card ready before you approach the ATM.
- Never record your ATM PIN on anything in your purse or wallet.
- Cancel your transaction and leave if you see anyone or anything that looks suspicious.
- If you are followed after making an ATM transaction, go immediately to a safe location and call the police.
- Keep your car running while operating the ATM.
- Pull up close to the ATM.
- Remain in the car with the doors locked.