Do you conduct any of your banking electronically? If your answer is no, ask yourself why not? Even though you may never have visited your bank online to review your account or to conduct banking business, you have probably done electronic banking anyway. For example, you have banked electronically if you have ever:
- Used an ATM machine
- Made a purchase over the Internet
- Utilized direct deposit for your paycheck or other regular payment
- Had your credit card verified by a retail merchant
- Accessed your bank’s telephone banking services
Surprising? Perhaps. But the fact is, all of these transactions involve the use of the electronic banking technology developed and maintained by your bank and the financial services industry. Online banking is simply the next step in a world of electronic transactions that are already a major part of your life!
And yet many people are still reluctant to log on and visit their bank online. Studies show that consumers are reluctant because customers like you want the assurance that online banking is safe … secure … and reliable.
Federal Deposit Insurance – For all the facts about deposit insurance coverage visit the FDIC’s web site at www.fdic.gov.
Security and Technology
When you use the Internet to review your account, or to transact other business, you are entering a secure area. Here are just a few of the safeguards we have to help secure your personal financial information when visiting online:
- Password Protection – When you visit us for the first time we will ask for information to identify yourself to us. We’ll ask you to develop a confidential password that only you will know. Only then, will you be able to review personal information about your account.
- Encryption Software – This software scrambles or encodes a message between two parties (you and your bank), in a way that allows the message to be decoded only by one of the two parties.
Tips for Online Security
- Regularly review your bank account statements and immediately report any irregularities to the appropriate bank personnel.
- Choose your password carefully and never reveal it to anyone. Don’t use your telephone number or street address – use a combination of letters and numbers
- Never leave your computer unattended with your account on the screen. If you must leave, then log off first.
- Always log off properly after you have completed your online business. Follow the secure area exit instructions to ensure your protection.
- Generally, regular e-mail communication is not encrypted – so don’t send any sensitive personal or financial information in this manner.
- Don’t reply to any e-mail that requests your personal account information – your bank already has the needed information about your accounts.
- When providing your personal information online, always make sure you are dealing with a secure browser connection.
- We highly recommend installing virus detection software on your computer.
- Remember that non-financial web sites that are linked to your bank’s site are not FDIC-Insured.
Still Have Questions?
LET US HELP YOU FIGURE IT OUT!
175 New Roads St.
New Roads, La 70760
3026 Hwy 78
Livonia, La 70755
6800 Main St.
Zachary, La 70791
1086 Lobdell Hwy
Port Allen, La 70767
17445 Hwy 77
Grosse Tete, La 70740
11070 Hwy 77
Maringouin, La 70757
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 10 New Roads, LA 70760
Routing#: 065204980 | NMLS#: 433800